木曜日, 5月 05, 2011

Apathetic Gen-Y & Election.

One day before cooling day. I had to say this out. I'm very shocked by the Gen-Y reaction for GE2011.

In general, i group them to 4 groups of people.

1. PAP Supporters
2. Opposition Supporters
3. Neither side, watching youtube rally to support their final votes
4. Apathetic Gen-Y

Why Apathetic Gen-Y makes me sad.

While the recent GE fire is going on, it is unavoidable when people tend to talk to you about GE, Rally etc. At the same time, there are these people who don't care. I happen to talk to a friend briefly on this, and just when i got started, he slapped a comment right on my face. "I don't care, I'm not a candidate." In fact, i wish to return the slap with "You are a voter", but i decided to give up. Either becoz i wasn't confident of our friendship, or i feel that he is just Apathetic Gen-Y.

Apathetic Gen-Y, the thought of them make me sad. I haven seen any apathetic Gen-X yet. Why only Gen-Y?

Please, be more responsible to the vote on your hand.

---------------------------------------------------------

A new piece of reading from online make me think through some points.
(The comments below are not against any party in particular. i'm purely talking base on points. No party-attack. And purely IMHO)

1. Lower HDB price
I'm a selfish house owner. Before i buy a house, i wish the price wasn't that high. After i buy the house, i pray the price goes higher. You may think i'm greedy. But if the price of my flat goes down now, i'm gg to cry. The amount of money that i have already borrowed from HDB will not go down. So i bought a house at 500k, borrow a loan of 400k, and now the house value is 300k? If such situation happen, what am i suppose to do? Don't tell me that you are talking about new launches from HDB. You should understand, housing price affect the market as a whole.

2. Hawker, keep your price low.
I haven been to market for a while, but i decided to pop by recently for a check on the price of raw materials. Since after my dad's retirement, i never really keep an observation on raw food prices. Indeed, the jerking high price freaks me out. I wonder how the hawkers going to survive without increasing the price for the bowl of wanton mee, when the pork used to make char siew is getting so expensive. Are the government lowering the rental fees? And btw, who take cares of rental fees? I only know coffeeshop stalls pay their rental fees to coffeeshop owner, but i don't know about the hawker centre etc. Maybe someone should enlighten.

3. Money Money Money
If i have any complains toward the amount of money i'm paying to the government, it will probably be the ERP that i'm paying everyday (at approx. $6.50 per day). But on the 2nd thought, if i have been more hardworking to take a bus or cab at an earlier time, then this will not be an issue ba. Lower GST is not my main concern, coz i'm damn glad that we don't have inheritance tax like Japan does (up to 50% sounds very scary to me). In fact, i pray for GST to stay-put at 7%, but i believe it will eventually jerk up to 10%. So if this is a plan to earn $$ from foreigners etc, then please make sure my GST rebate is sufficient.

4. Make your choice
There was a question post by the opposition to the public. "A fresh coat of paint in your neighbourhood, or your voice in the parliment." Alot of questions from the Singaporean reflects how kiasu we are. Singaporean wants both. We asked "if we vote for the opposition, will the 5-year plan still continue?". Don't be greedy, just pick one.

5. Foreign Talent
I do not know and did not read much about this policy. But the major rise in population did affect me. The small & ignorant me felt that it was the lot of foreign talent that jam the road during peak hours, causing ERP to launch, to rise and COE to rise higher. If the population is lesser, the jam in peak is lesser, will the ERP be lesser too? I understand inviting the talented one to start their business here, creating job opportunities for our fellow-man. I understand inviting the poorer one to come help take care of the "dirty-jobs" that the spoiled-brat us refused to pick up. But i don't understand why the rest of them are here. If they love singapore, i welcome them. If they critised us to the lowest, then why should i say hello? By the way, i see ex-FT candidates in this elections.... in varies party.

6. Minister's Salary
I'm still very shocked about it, especially after knowing how much Obama is getting. Speechless. No Comment.

Which party to vote for is up to each choice. While i believe we need strong opposition in the parliament, accept that economy will change drastically(-ve) if it is a full switch.

Let's cool our head tomorrow and vote on Saturday. Remember to bring your voting ticket and your NRIC. =D

0 件のコメント:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...